Save $200! Book before 31 July!
Our one day Master Class is designed to provide professionals with the skills, knowledge and understanding about Retirement Living and Residential Aged Care.
During this master class you will acquire the knowledge and skills to understand the spectrum of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians. The one day master class examines all the relevant aspects of the retirement living and residential aged care.
Attendees will be provided with:
- A copy of the presentation
- Supporting Materials
- Lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Opportunities to network with your peers over lunch
- CPD/CPE certificate
This activity has been accredited for continuing professional development by the Financial Planning Association of Australia but does not constitute FPA’s endorsement of the activity. Accreditation number 009841 for 7.75 hours.
Who should attend?
All professionals who wish to examine the range of accommodation and care options available to Senior Australians from a holistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Master Class Overview – what will you learn?
This workshop is designed for participants to develop an understanding of the range of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians and includes case-based, facilitator-lead examples, individual calculations and group discussions.
You will gain a sound knowledge of the various legislative frameworks and financial arrangements that will potentially impact your clients when they embark upon this expensive and highly emotive journey.
We will also outline relevant strategies to enable you to deliver quality advice to support and guide your clients as they navigate the complexities of the aged care system.
Areas covered include:
- Identify and discuss the key drivers of the Aged Care industry from the perspective of the individual, government and providers.
- Identify and evaluate the different accommodation choices for residents.
Residential Aged Care
- Develop an understanding of residential aged care fees and charges.
- Consider the legal, financial, access and affordability aspects of a variety of residential care options.
- Explain the different forms of care services available in the home.
- Assess and calculate the funding and means-tested contributions for home care services.
- Explain the different forms of granny flat arrangements.
- Identify potential legal and financial consequences arising from different arrangements.
- Identify similarities and differences between retirement villages and land lease communities; including the legal and financial arrangements.
- Explain and calculate the fees and charges applicable to: moving to, living in and leaving a retirement village or land lease community.
Rachel Lane, Principal of Aged Care Gurus
Rachel oversees the delivery of quality education together with technical and marketing support to professionals dedicated to providing quality advice to senior Australians. Rachel has been working in financial services for almost 20 years and specialising in retirement living and aged care for more than a decade. Consulted by key industry, government and media professionals for expert comments and advice, she is a regular contributor of articles in both industry and consumer media. Rachel holds a Masters in Financial Planning and has co-authored a number of books, including the very popular consumer publication “Aged Care, Who Cares?” and industry text “Retirement Living and Aged Care in Australia”.
The workshop will also be hosted in two additional locations:
If you have any questions, please contact:
AUfirstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 300 224
On the day:
Registrations open from 8:30am and the workshop commences at 9am. Please arrive early to avoid any delays, and enjoy a tea or coffee!
Refund Policy: Receive a 50% refund for cancellations inside 14 days of the event, no refund within 7 days.
Terms & Conditions: If this event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason and you do not wish to attend the rescheduled event, Wolters Kluwer will offer you a full refund of the purchase price paid for your ticket/s. If the event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason, Wolters Kluwer’s liability is limited to the purchase price paid for your tickets and Wolters Kluwer will not be responsible for any other costs incurred (such as travel or accommodation costs).