Prepare your 2019 Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) return efficiently and effectively!
Our full day workshops are designed to help you and your colleagues to prepare the 2019 FBT return and 2019 Reportable Fringe Benefits amounts with maximum confidence and minimum fuss.
Jointly run by CCH Learning and FBT Solutions, our interactive workshop bring together the practical guidance, support and tools you need to sail through the 2019 FBT season.
*Receive a 100% rebate of your Workshop ticket price (limited to 1 attendee per organisation) when you engage FBT Salary Packaging Solutions to complete your 2019 FBT Return. The amount of your ticket will be credited against the final invoice for preparation of your 2019 Return.
Who should attend?
All personnel involved in the preparation or review of the 2019 FBT return, whether new to FBT or those requiring refresher training. This includes Tax Accountants, Financial Accountants, Payroll Managers and Staff, HR Managers and their teams.
What can you expect?
A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2019 including:
- Recent law and ATO changes
- Overview including Type 1 and Type 2 benefits and employee contributions
- How to prepare the 2019 FBT Return form
- Special rules for Exempt and Rebatable Employers
- Motor vehicles valuation using either statutory formula method and operating cost or logbook method
- Motor vehicle exemptions including the application of PCG 2018/3
- Car parking benefits
- Meal Entertainment, Recreational Entertainment and Entertainment Facility Leasing
- Tax Exempt Body Entertainment
- Temporary and Permanent Relocations / LAFHA v Travel / Remote Area / Expatriates
- Expense Payments, Property benefits, Residual benefits
- Exemptions and Concessions
- ATO audit activity
- Employer elections and declarations
- Employee declarations
- Employee reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA)
- Post Lodgement requirements
You will receive guidance on how to prepare the 2019 FBT return and:
- Learn how to identify and value all benefits
- Work through the valuation methodologies for all benefit categories including Cars, Car Parking, Entertainment, Temporary & Permanent Relocations, Living Away From Home, Remote Area, Employee Expenses and Property
- Gain an understanding of the key documentation requirements for claiming reductions, concessions and exemptions
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that organisations make
- Discover ways that you can achieve real savings and reduce the tax liability for your organisation
Attendees will be provided with:
- A detailed 2019 FBT Technical Manual
- Our 2019 FBT Planner Checklist
- Our 2019 FBT Essentials Checklist
- An attendance certificate for CPD/CPE purposes (7.5 hours)
- Lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Opportunities to network with your peers and fellow FBT-preparers over lunch
Registrants also receive the following special offers:
- Free access to the FBT Query service until 30 June 2019 – the sooner you register, the sooner you’ll have access to this valuable service from FBT Solutions
- A free Fleet and FBT optimisation review
- A free Salary Packaging review
- Preferential pricing for the FBT Solutions car parking valuation service
- Receive a 20% discount on the FBT 2019 webinar program
Paul Mather, Founder of FBT Solutions is a Chartered Accountant (Aust. & NZ) and holds a Masters of Tax from Sydney University, he is also a Registered Tax Agent and Chartered Tax Adviser and has significant experience in advising businesses on their FBT obligations. Paul has over 20 years hands-on, practical experience preparing, reviewing and lodging FBT returns.
Paul is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group and was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
The workshop will also be hosted in the following locations:
If you have any questions, please contact:
AUfirstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 300 224
Please note: Registrations open from 8:30am and the workshop commences at 9am so please arrive early to avoid any delays.
Refund Policy: Receive a 50% refund for cancellations inside 30 days of the event, no refund within 7 days.
Terms & Conditions: If this event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason and you do not wish to attend the rescheduled event, Wolters Kluwer will offer you a full refund of the purchase price paid for your ticket/s. If the event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason, Wolters Kluwer’s liability is limited to the purchase price paid for your tickets and Wolters Kluwer will not be responsible for any other costs incurred (such as travel or accommodation costs).