Prepare your 2018 Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) return efficiently and effectively!
Our full day workshop are designed to help you and your colleagues to prepare the 2018 FBT return and 2018 Reportable Fringe Benefits amounts with maximum confidence and minimum fuss.
Jointly run by Wolters Kluwer and FBT Solutions, our interactive workshop bring together the practical guidance, support and tools you need to sail through the 2018 FBT season.
Who should attend?
All personnel involved in the preparation or review of the 2018 FBT return, whether new to FBT or those requiring refresher training. This includes Tax Accountants, Financial Accountants, Payroll Managers and Staff, HR Managers and their teams.
Early bird special! Save $70 off the regular ticket price! Pay only $525!
What can you expect?
A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2018 including:
- The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses
- Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
- New safe harbour rules and capping for minor benefits
- The latest on FBT and car parking
- The FBT treatment for taxi expenses and Uber
- Discussion of new ATO audit strategies and compliance activities
- Changes to the FBT rate, gross up rates and capping thresholds
You will receive guidance on how to prepare the 2018 FBT return and:
- Learn how to identify and value all benefits
- Work through the valuation methodologies for all benefit categories including Cars, Car Parking, Entertainment, Temporary & Permanent Relocations, Living Away From Home, Remote Area, Employee Expenses and Property
- Gain and understanding of the key documentation requirements for claiming reductions, concessions and exemptions
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that organisations make
- Discover ways that you can achieve real savings and reduce the tax liability for your organisation
Attendees will be provided with:
- A 2018 FBT Manual
- A 2018 FBT Essentials Checklist
- An attendance certificate for CPD/CPE purposes (7.5 hours)
- Lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Opportunities to network with your peers and fellow FBT-preparers over lunch
Registrants also receive the following special offers:
- Free access to the FBT Query service until 30 June 2018 – the sooner you register, the sooner you’ll have access to this valuable service from FBT Solutions
- A free Fleet and FBT optimisation review
- Preferential pricing for the FBT Solutions car parking valuation service
- Pay only $59 for the CCH FBT Compliance Guide for 2018 (we’ll be in touch to provide you with a promo code)
- Receive a 20% discount on the FBT 2018 webinar program
Paul Mather, Founder of FBT Solutions is a Chartered Accountant (Aust. & NZ) and holds a Masters of Tax from Sydney University, he is also a Registered Tax Agent and Chartered Tax Adviser and has significant experience in advising businesses on their FBT obligations. Paul has over 20 years hands-on, practical experience preparing, reviewing and lodging FBT returns.
Paul is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group and was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
The workshop will also be hosted in two additional locations:
If you have any questions, please contact:
AUfirstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 300 224
Please note: Registrations open from 8:30am and the workshop commences at 9am so please arrive early to avoid any delays.
Refund Policy: Receive a 50% refund for cancellations inside 30 days of the event, no refund within 7 days.